Sunday, April 12, 2015

The Pyramid 2014 (film review)


"An archaeological team attempts to unlock the secrets of a lost pyramid only to find themselves hunted by an insidious creature." IMDb

 Staring Ashley Hinshaw, Denis O'Hare (Dallas buyers club), Christa Nichola (home and away), and James Buckley (inbetweeners)
 The story revolves around a archaeological team and a camera crew who go into a buried pyramid. The film made mostly in the dark is a slow starter, then it's some time before you actually see whats after them.
 To be honest I found it all unconvincing, the acting was average and the blair witch camera work made parts of it hard watching, by the time people started dying I wasn't too bothered if I'm honest, I didn't really connect with any of them.
 It sort of reminded me of the much better Descent (2005) but sadly Pyramid isn't in the same league.

Waynes rating  4/10 buy the descent on dvd instead.

No comments: