Thursday, May 12, 2016

I was trimming my hair...


 I was trimming my hair tonight (whats left of it) and frankly it's a bit of a pain.  You see I have one of those barbers clippers things and you have to plug it in.  Well of course there's no sockets in the bathroom (the easiest place to do it) so I have to roll out an extension lead, not a major issue but still a pain, and it means having a wire trailing across the landing... And this got me thinking...
 It's the twenty first century, we've put man on the moon, we have aircraft that can reach mach 7 (briefly) we can reach the deepest parts of our ocean, and land rovers on Mars.  We even have cars powered by hydrogen.... But we still can't put an electric socket in a bathroom safely.
 Yes, I know there's some moron somewhere who'll balance an electric fire on the end of the bath and fry themself when it falls in the bath, but frankly that's natures way of stopping them procreating and diluting the gene-pool any more. Darwins theory in action as it were.  Trouble is all the rest of us people with an IQ bigger than our shoe size are penalized because of the idiot few.
 You'd think with all the high tech stuff we have there would be a way to put a socket safely in a bathroom.  So because of the risk of dropping an electric toaster in the bath, I have to run a cable across the landing as a trip hazard and I still have a set of electric clippers in the bathroom...    
 Besides I can't put a toaster on the edge of my bath.. I'd have to move the telly first.....

No comments: