Friday, April 17, 2020

Photography kit, handy extra goodies (part6) tools..


 Now when I say tools I don't mean a 3 ton bottle jack and a full set of snap-on spanners.... although I suppose they could come in handy, I'm talking every day use type tools.
 For me a multitool is pretty much an essential item, my multitool of choice is the Gerber, sadly not a cheap item, but they are well made, with plires, blade, saw, sissors etcs, a sort of swiss army plires.  There are plenty of cheaper ones about, I have a few of the smaller budget friendly ones in various bags, they are not bad, and you wont cry if you loose one.
 These are handy for all sorts of bodging and repairs.
 Next item is ducktape/gaffer tape/gorrilla tape, any of these will do. Easiest way to carry some is put a few feet around an old store or credit card, I find about 3 foot (one metre)  is anough for most on the spot bodgers or repairs, heck I have one of these in my wallet as well, supprised how often it gets used.
 A small knife is usefull, if you have a multitool with a blade it's not so important, but many now come with no blase to be security friendly, not so friendly if you need to cut something.
 Jewelers screwdrivers, I have carried a set of these since forever.  They are just so usefull, as well as tightening any loose camera screws they'll fix your glasses and open those gadget battery holders that these days are bloody screwed shut for some reason.
 The last item on todays list is a small pocket sewing kit.  Now I know some of you are going WTF??  But having had the arse of my trousers split at a motor show and been at countless weddings where something needs sewing it's  bloody handy to have around (and a few safety pins, thats what I used at the motor show)  You could get away with two needles, one threaded with white cotton and the other with black, 99 times out of a hundred that'll get you by.


No comments: