Wednesday, November 3, 2021

Hypersensitivity and throat cutters monthly....

 Today I had my shower/bath without my finger splint (plastic tube encasing my finger) for the first time in months.... No not my first bath, the first time without the stupid badly designed plastic tube thing, although tube isn't really the right word.   Indeed a worse design is hard to think of, designed to catch on everything in both diresctions it's a royal PITA.

 Now I'm wearing it because I tore the tendon in my wedding ring finger (and it bloody hurts when you do it too) although to be fair it doesn't really hurt much after,  Back to the plot.  Anyway as it's more or less healed up I decided to risk trying a bath with it off, boy was it easier.  But what I did notice was the finger tip is hypersensitive, it's really weird. I can feel the texture in fabric and stuff, even a tissue has a corse texture.  

 Now maybe I'm odd in not feeling this with the rest of my fingers, but years of use and abuse to my hands has probably dulled the senses.  Still it is weird, wonder how long it'll take to wear off when I stop wearing the splint?

 I ran of of stuff to read recent'y and digging through the box room for old books I came across some Survival Weapons And Techniques (SWAT) magazine going back to the 1970's or 80's, known in the trade as throat cutters monthly because they tended to be read by soldiers and serial killers they had some usefull tips on survival, a LOAD of adverrts for rambo knives, survival courses, guns and stuff like that.  Well reading it now it's a laugh, articles on which shotgun to buy for the zombie apocalypse and stuff like that.  

 Mind it makes you think the stuff we could legally buy back than and the loss of our freedom and rights now......


No comments: