Tuesday, December 8, 2020

The vicar of Dibley and oh god I have to go shopping!

The vicar of Dibley started in 1994 and with a few years gap ended in 2007. Now the BBC always full of daft ideas has brought it back. I say daft because most of the main cast are dead, even with unlimited licence fee money to waste the Beeb cant bring back the dead.... and it shows! With the best will in the world the new series is crap! The problem is the original series worked because of the comedy between the main charatcers​, Gereldine, Jim, David, Owen, Frank, Hugo, Letita and Alice. It was the interaction between them that was funny. Just having the vicar talking to a screen and a brief glimps of Hugo doesn't cut it. I know it's sad when something good falls over and dies but sometimes it's better left dead and buried. Digging it up isn't ever a good thing. Maybe Dawn French needs the money or the dopy Beeb think it pulled in 12 million views for the Christmas specialin 2006 it's do it again... Bet it wont....
Shopping, oh God I'm back to shopping for three households again, but my God you should see the shopping list I have! 4 turkey crowns and gammon joints, backon, lamb, pork about 9 bottles of milk, veg and spuds ect ect the lists are massive and thats without the Christmas food shop and the sweets, this is a few hundred quids worth easy. Oh joy. And I've got to get the proper turkey and the rest of my present shopping FFS! when?

No comments: