Sunday, December 20, 2020

I've been thinking... being serious for five minutes

I've been thinking, yes I hear people saying thats a first or about time but for once I'm being serious here, this isn't for laughs. Every year the family gathers at my mums house for a good old fashioned family Christmas, quite a crowd in fact. Now for me it's always a pain in the arse as I have to do the shopping and the cooking, somethimes with a little help from my sons or brother, but the bulk I do. Yes I whinge and moan but I do enjoy the family gathering. We as a family only tend to gather at birthdays and Christmas, this year we've done neither, pretty much all of the birthdays happend in lockdons, so we haven't seen much of any of us. So the Christmas looked like being our best chance. Now here in Wales Christmas is locked down with just one person visiting, this will ruin Christmas for many. Yes if your young it's no big deal, but for older people it might be their last Christmas, and many wont see their familes now while they can. I realise covid is rising, hardly a supprise with pubs and clubs open and no bugger wearing masks in the shops, and lockdown to save lives makes sense.... except it's not really that much about saving lives it's to take pressure off the NHS, the underfunding of which for decades has left it unable to cope with a normal Saturday night never mind a pandemic. Anyone who went to casualty before covid can tell you that. Maybe people should be allowed Christmas, remember it might be our last... and Drakeford remember we vote too.

No comments: