Monday, March 7, 2022

Not a great day!

 

 Today hasn't been the best day I've ever had, that said it's far from the worst day either.

It started early with me not sleeping well (I'm a light sleeper anyway) so I gave up and got up, then I got on with editing yesterdays pictures. That done I started spring cleaning the house. After an hour or so I had to go shopping, thats when me least favorite job started!

 Yep it was clean the cooker time.  Now truth be told I totally HATE cleaning the cooker!  You see with three blokes living alone (now two most of the time) cleaning the house and being tidy is a little way down the list of stuff to do.  As I'm the only one who seems to actually do any work it's left to me to do.... so it gets put off as I'm fairly busy and out a lot.

 So cleaning the cooker.  None of us are the cleanest cooks in the world, fat gets spilled, my youngest son tips more food on the stove than he eats (or so it seems) By the time I find it it's dried on and hard work. After a while the job is just a bitch.  

My normal method is Mr Muscle over cleaner, it takes a little while on the baked on muck but it does the job.  The real problem is I seem to be allergic to the stuff!  One spray and I'm coughing like a covid ward, this effect last for days and makes it a miserable, hatefull bitch of a job for me... so I tend to put it off, which of course makes matters worse in the long run.

 Today while shooping, and buying Mr Muscle I wondered if there was anything less toxic I could use, I found Cillit Bang, so I bought both, if the Cillit stuff doesn't do the job it's back to a gas mask and Mr Muscle.  So did it work you ask?   

 I'm pleased to report it worked great, way better than Mr Muscle if I'm honest, it's way quicker or the dried on grease, it seems to go further (I've got a lot left) and best of all while it does have a slight smell, it's safe to me, no coughing fits and I was able to use it without a full hazmat suit and all the doors and windows open.

No comments: