Saturday, March 12, 2022

First night with no heating or hot water (or cooking)

 

 Well to be fair I wasn't cold last night, quite comfey in bed in fact. I didn't bother with the arctic sleeping bag, it just wasn't cold enough, I did spread a jungle sleeping bag over the quilt for a bit of extra warmth (jungle sleeping bags are fairly thin and open out like a blanket, and fold up small) That was plenty.

 The cooking isn't a big problemin the short term. As well as a few camping stoves I've got a microwave. I also eat a fair bit of cold food normally, sandwiches, stuff like that, and I don't normally eat a lot during the day either, tending to have my main meal at tea time or early evening, thats when something get cooked if its going to be.

 I might pop out on sunday and see if those mini grill thingies are about, you know two electric rings and a grill, like all the bedsits used to have back in the day.  If they are cheap enough I might grab one.

 Now it's boil a kettle for a scrub, thats going to be a bugger, without the stove I can't heat a decent quantity of boiling water in one go so only a half sink full of water for a wash down. That said I'll probably grab a shower down my friends later.  Bummer though I like my morning scrub.

No comments: