Saturday, January 29, 2022

Last night felt really strange

 

 I went out last night, I go out a lot, but last night was different.   Instead of my usual haunts I went to whats best described as a reunion.  I also went out dressed "tidy" as we say in Wales, that means smart casual.  Last night that meant a good leather jacket and a £100 shirt... £100 for a bloody shirt, no I didn't pay that, I'm tight, but it is a nice shirt.

 It also meant seeing blokes I haven't seen for years, really good mates I'd lost touch with, been through thick and thin with, and a bloody good laugh.

 They had changed, as I have, one now has very short hair, another other has lost his droopy mustache and curly hair, and gained weight (as I have) and sadly yet another hung himeself and I never heard about it (your ledgend lives on Andrew).

 It was strange to be talking to someone you last saw 25 or more years ago, his young son I used to push on a swing is 31 years old now and married.

 It really brought back some old memories, mostly good, they were fun times, hard but fun.  Do I miss the long days, the hard work, eating dinner at 3 in the morning...  No not really, but by heck I enjoyed them at the time.  I'm going to see them again, sooner rather than later this time.  I doubt any of us have another 25 years left.

No comments: