Tuesday, January 11, 2022

Another busy day

 

 Yet again I have a busy day.  This morning it's a few jobs around the house, then go over and cook my disabled mother a dinner (beef dinner today) and clean the house.   Then it's home to pay some bills online (which always takes ages) , then back out again for the evening.

 I seriously need to go shoe shopping, well boot shopping to be exact, I've worn out two pairs of heavy duty boots in about six months, OK to be fair I do a LOT of walking, and somes over rough ground but I still think they should last longer.  Trouble is it takes time to try and find the right boots.

 You see I'm fussy, I like black boots, old habits die hard.  We wore black boots back in the day in the army (brown now for some reason) and besides I like black boots (actually I like black everything if I'm honest).  But finding a good pair is harder these days, the hightech stuff they now make them with lends itself to brighter colours.  No way am I going walkabout with red boots or whatever.

 The other issues I have is I have broad feet, I have a bit of a hassle getting shoes/boots wide enough to fit me and be comfortable.  And if your walking a few hundred miles a month you need comfy footwear trust me.

 Oh well better crack-on.  The day wont do itself.

No comments: