Monday, July 13, 2020

It's a miracle I'm still here...Well maybe?


  I was driving down the M4 motorway today in light drizzle and I passed a huge lit up sign saying "poor driving conditions"  Well frankly it made me think!
 How did I survive all those years driving without huge signs saying poor driving conditions?    Where were they in the blizzards in the 1980s?
 Why wasn't there a sign warning me in the storm of the century when I was nearly killed twice, once by a falling crane counterweight, and again by flying corrugated iron sheets?
 Then there were the times I was nearly blown up, three bloody times and still no bastard sign (ok once was my own fault) Not a warning in sight.
 But what makes it worse was it was light drizzle!   This is Wales, thats not poor conditions, thats what passes for a balmy summer day! Theres people here sitting around their BBQ's for fuck sake  Beach goers are putting on factor 50...   Poor driving condition here are monsoon rain, hurricane force winds and minus 23c  Thats what we call poor......  Now what we call bad is a different thing....  Then conditions get really dodgy.

 Being serious for a moment, putting the sign on every time a cat farts devalues it, when conditions really are poor no bugger will take any notice because the sign is on every day.  Maybe the highways dept should read the boy who cried wolf, they might learn something... well the would they would if they had anybody who could read...

No comments: