Thursday, November 3, 2016

Zombies


 No I haven't completely gone bonkers, I've still got a little way to go yet.
 I was looking for a movie the other day and realized just how many films and tv programs actually have zombies as a theme, honestly theres a ton of them.  That got me wondering why are there so many?
 The term zombie comes from Haitian folklore, it means the dead reanimated through magic.
 The modern zombie is mostly based more on the film the night of the living dead (1968) which it self is roughly based on the  book I am legend (1954) although the word zombie isn't actually used in the film.
 Now I've nothing against zombie films, not really a fan but it would be nice if we could have some films WITHOUT bloody zombies.  Or are they trying to tell us something????
 The CDC (centre for disease control) as US official body has issued a data page dedicated to zombie prevention and protection... I kid you not, heres the link to it.
cdc zombie page

 So if your walking along the road and see a shuffling, strange confused scruffy creature coming towards you slowly, chances are it's either a zombie... or one of Port Talbots living dead who shop in Tescos...  Not much difference really...

No comments: