Sunday, November 23, 2014

Well done EU morons!


I was walking around in my house the other day wearing my hi-vis jacket, hard hat and steel toecap boots, and the obligatory safety harness (as required by the health and safety police), and one of the lights went out, the bulb had gone.  Now that shouldn't really be a problem... Yes, I know technically you need six fully trained tech guys from Cal-Tech to change the bloody bulb these days, but I couldn't wait for them to come so I thought I'd do it myself.
At least that was the plan!  You see I'd run out of bulbs.... and ...  Well have you tried to buy a bulb recently, £7 for a fucking light bulb!
They were taking the piss!.  Thats ridiculous for a light bulb, it's a light bulb! Not the Sydney bloody opera house!
And it gets worse, not only were the bulbs the price of a small villa in Northern Spain, the were only 11 watt bulbs.  11watt? thats only about 60watt in the cheap old fashioned bulbs we used to have, thats a bulb for a table lamp, not the middle on the ceiling in a big room.
Well I'm buggered if I'll pay that for a bulb!
So well done Euro energy saving morons!  I'm now walking around my blacked out house with a lit candle on the front of my hard hat like an 17th century miner... hoping not to fall in any holes....  How bloody safe is that then you pillocks!

No comments: