Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Camera Snobbery

Theres always been some camera snobbery about but it seems to be getting worse. I keep hearing people say you need this body and that lens or your pictures will be rubbish.  Total crap!
You see at the sizes most people work theres bugger all to choose between cameras, ok if your doing a hording then a full frame camera will probably be better... but how many hordings have you done this week?  Thought so, same as me then!
Somewhere theres an A3 wedding album doing the rounds, about half the pictures were taken on a top of the range Nikon camera with a £1000 lens, the other half were taken on the bottom of the range Canon beginners camera with the kit lens (total cost at the time about £300)  And you know what, I knew which pics were which, but even I couldn't tell the difference looking at full size A3 pics in the album.
It's the photographer and the processing that really counts, yes a better camera always helps but just because you have a cheap camera doesn't mean you can't take a good pic.
Some of the worst photos I've ever seen were taken on a state of the art, top of the range camera,and the truly worst ones I've ever seen were by a photographer with a degree in photography from Eton college.  I had students with less that a months teaching taking better shots honestly!

No comments: