Wednesday, January 7, 2009

A funny thing happened to me on the way to my e.mail

Well I mentioned my PC has been down with problems, after getting it working I needed to phone BT (my ISP) for my e.mail details to reset it, this proved an interesting experience.
I rang them up at the number given and got through to the "book a tech" department, not what I wanted, I just needed a simple code. They however offered to pass me over to tech support (and this is where the story really starts)
I got through to a lovely young lady, very pleasant, I explained my computer had crashed and I needed some details from her, and she sounded confused! I repeated my request with more details, at this point she asked what room I was in, now I got confused. I pointed out I was at my computer and that I just needed the settings. At this point she asked who I thought I was talking to, I replied "tech support!" "no" she said, "your talking to reception at the Hilton Hotel Los Angles", but she said it beautifully! Wayne

No comments: