Thursday, January 22, 2009

Boy was I wrong about Obama

Yep I'll admit it I was so wrong about Barack Obama. First off I said he'll never get elected! I firmly believed a country like America which still had segregation up until April 1968 (Civil Rights Bill bans discrimination in housing.) would never elect an African American to office. I was wrong!.
Then after the election I firmly believed he'd never live to be sworn in, in a country where dogs can buy Uzi sub machine guns, and for many racists feelings still run deep, I thought he'd probably get shot! Again I was wrong!.
When Obama first appeared on the campaign trail I thought to myself, at last a man for the job. An intelligent, youthful, committed serious man capable of being the world leader America needs...... Until he spoke that was! For pity sake! the man only had a few lines to repeat, and he couldn't even get that right.
The wedding vows are much longer and harder, but ordinary people manage those every day. Here was a man destined to be in charge of the most powerful country in the world, a man with his finger on the nuclear trigger, and he can't even repeat a few lines? Heaven help us. Me, I'm digging a bunker!

On to today's images. I went walkies yesterday, making the most of the fine weather, I actually took quite a few pics, but here's a sample. Reeds, the leaning tower and Who say's water and electricty don't mix? Enjoy. Wayne

No comments: