Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Bad day.

Yep I had a rubbish day today my PC has been slowing down lately, it's been getting worse and worse, the odd crash (not unusual with windoze) anyway I ran my anti virus, which found nothing (and is about as much use as a cheese aqualung) Then my brother suggested another malware remover, this found 22 viruses. Hip Hip hooray I thought... but no it's never quite that simple for me, you see when it removed the viruses, it removed something important, I don't know quite what but on reboot I got the infamous blue screen of death, and it stayed that way!
Luckily for me I have a brother who in a past life was a computer tech, he came over after my screams down the phone (and a few threats lol) and although he tried to recover things it was too far gone, and we had to format the b****y thing.
Luckily I have a nasty suspicious habit of backing things up. Yes it's a royal pain in the arse to reinstall everything, but at least my paranoia meant I didn't really loose anything important. And here's a lesson to you all, BACK UP! you never know when lightning will strike, or a flood, or more lightly some git writing a virus (oh for 5 minutes alone with him!!) At least all my images are safe, and that's the main thing. Wayne

No comments: