Thursday, August 17, 2023

Strange day yesterday

 

 Yesterday was my birthday.  Yes I enjoyed myself, but it was a very strange day.  I went for a lunch with one of my sons, and then in the evening we went for an indian meal.  I enjoyed both.

 The strange part was it's the first year with no phone call or present from my dear Mum who died in march.  I know it sounds daft but I really missed it, not the present, the phone call and the fuss she used to make of birthdays.

  Every year there would be a big fuss for weeks before a birthday, what do you want for a present, where do you want to go for a meal.  Then shed ring on the day to wish me happy birthday, and of course there would be a cake.  I know it sounds silly, I just missed it and her a lot yesterday. 

 The fuss over a present was the same, this year my birthday present was 5 pairs of socks, and I knocked them down from a tenner to 6 quid (who said I'm tight.  Oh it wasnt the money, I could have bought myself a proper present.  It just wasnt the same not coming wrapped from dear old Mum.

 Ok to be fair I did get a watch from my brother, and very nice it was too, I'm wearing it now.  It's just this year was very quiet and strange.

 Thank you Sam for spending time with me, it was nice.

No comments: