Saturday, December 17, 2022

Flambiant and more ice and leaves

 

 First the flambiant.  Now up to a few weeks ago I'd never heard the term "flambiant" it's a process of exposure blending done in photo editing programs like Photoshop and popular with estate agents.

 Now as I say I'd never heard the term, but I had used the process and similar ones to blend images, although that said I've not done a lot of estate agent work.  Not really my thing.

 The process itself is simple, essentially you take three shots of the room with the camera tripod mounted.  One with just the ambiant room lighting, one shot with flash bounced off the celing, and one shot exposed for the outside of the window view. 

 In photoshop these are stacked as layers with window layer on top, then ambiant layer in the middle and flash layer at the bottom.  Use photoshop align layers to make sure they are all aligned properly. Go to the window layer and add a hide all mask, go to ambiant layer and set blend mode to luminosity and opacity to around %50, now go back to window layer and with the brush tool (on the layer mask) paint the window back in  with a soft edge brush.  Thats more or less it.  Theres plenty of videos on youtube if you want more detail.

 Now the ice and leaves, yes it's shot on the phone again.  I do have to go out with the camera soon though, theres a competition I fancy entering, no prize just a bit of fun.




No comments: