Friday, December 16, 2022

Adverts, dont companies think about the message they are sending out?

 Whilst huddled over a pile of buring £50 notes (cheaper than putting the central heating on) I was thinking about some recent adverts.  Some companies have very clever advertising agencies, but no common sense.

 Theres one advert showng a car driving around Cruffs parade ring, very clever, going up a seesaw ect, except whats your advert really saying?  This cars a dog!  That what it says to me.

 Theres the classic Christmas advert with a table creaking under the weight of food and people from every nation in the world gathered around for a traditional family Christmas dinner.... family?   Errr No!  And who can afford that much food anyway.

 My personal favorite in the Virgin airlines advert.  My god, what a plane full of of weird, odd and scary people.  If I got on a plane and saw that lot, I'd get off quickly.  No way am I flying with Virgins dodgy looking bunch of crazies thank you.  I'd rather fly Iran air.

 We have car adverts on deserted roads, where the fuck do they film them, I cant find a deserted road!

 Adverts for electric cars, they way of the future... and the powers that be asking us to cut power usage to avoid power cuts...  Well thats a good reason to buy an electric car then.

 You see the problem with "clever" adverts is they dont sell your product.  When I see an advert for a product with a weird family, I dont associate myself with that product, I dont want to be like them, it's that simple, and if I buy that product, I might be as horrible and weird as them.

 For me the best adverts are simple ones, not because I cant see how clever your advert is, because you tried to hard to sell your shit to me.  If it's that bad you have to wrap it up in crap to sell it, they I dont want it.

 Buy Franks bread, it tastes great!...  Thats all you need, you dont need a baker on a Jamican beach, making bread on a jetski and delivering it by helicopter to a family of 158 nationalities and cultures, in the real world that never happens outside the UN building, and not ofen there are they speaking to each other.  

 Try reality for a change, thats where your customers live....  sadly!

No comments: