Monday, June 27, 2016

Memory Loss


 It's well known that as you get older the memory starts to go.  I've just spent about two hours looking for a small torch...  I'll start at the beginning...
 I was sorting out my camera bag today ready for a photo shoot thats coming up and while going through the odds and sod's side of the bag I noticed there was a small torch missing, it's a cree Q5, single AA battery and quite bright for it's size, anyway it's not where it lives in my camera bag.
 I start looking for it, is it in my small bag?... No.  Is it in my rucksack, well theres one in there but not the one from the camera bag.  Then I start working my way through my coat pockets... No, it turns up all sorts of stuff including a car wing mirror (the pockets are bigger on the inside like Dr Who Tardis) but again not the missing torch. At this point I start wondering if I've lost it, has it fallen out or have I lent it to somebody?  I try to remember when I last used it (I have a torch in my pocket normally anyway) so it isn't used that often.  Then I remember going out to shoot some "night vision" bigfoot videos... Ands thats when the penny dropped!  I remembered I'd taped the torch to my monopod to help light me up for the video... Bugger!!!  Two bloody hours wasted because my memories going...
 Next week it'll be "where the bloody hell am I?" if my memory gets much worse....



No comments: