Friday, March 14, 2014

Wheeler Dealers tv series

I've watched this series for some time, and a few things are clear.  Ed China really knows what he's doing and it's great to watch him fixing up the cars.   Mike Brewer on the other hand is....  Well what can I say, they make hardly any profit because he lets the customer knock down his price, he buys the biggest pieces of crap he can find, even my dear old dad wouldn't buy some of the cars Mike buys and my dad was hopeless at buying a good car.

My brother works in the motor trade as a car dealer, he tells me Mikes a big joke as far as the real dealers go.  Apparently if someone buys a car for too much money they call it 'doing a mike' in the trade.

How to sell a car to Mike.   Offer 7p off the price and hold out your hand.

How to buy a car like Mike.  Find a wreck with no wheels, engine, suspension, or windows, thats been burnt out, preferably something thats pricey for parts as well.  Now offer £15.000 and hold out your hand.

I'm sorry Mike but you really need to try harder to make money, selling a car for a grand profit when it's taken 3 weeks to fix op is rubbish money for two blokeswages and running a workshop.

No comments: