Wednesday, March 19, 2014

More bus travel hell

Yesterday evening I thought I'd pop over and visit a near bye friend, so I went to the bus stop, and that's when things started to go wrong (I really should know better than to use the bus by now)

The bus arrived on time, sadly it wasn't the bus that was supposed to arrive, my bus hadn't bothered to come through the area I live in so I had to catch the bus that did come.  First problems is that bus goes a different way so I have to walk the last mile or so.

Once on the bus the joy of bus travel really started.  The bus drove off and drove so slowly it was almost going backwards, I'm not joking an asthmatic ant could have gone faster, women with pushchairs were overtaking us on the inside.

To add to the pleasure at the back of the bus were Mr and Mrs Orangutan, who shouted at each other all the way to the stop I got off at.  Their conversation consisted almost totally of foul four letter words, (I use the word conversation loosely)  It went something like.... ' the F-ing barman told me to F*** off, so I F-ing told him I'd F-ing kick his F-ing head in the silly C***!'    Oh the joy of good conversation..........  !

Why is it morons always shout instead of talking?  These people really should be culled, lets face it the gene pools not going to lose anything, as for letting them bread.... God help the children, I doubt they'll be booking a place at Oxford for them.

The other odd part of the journey was that the driver kept one hand out of the drivers window and was waving most of the journey, at first I really thought he was having a stroke or something, then I figured the indicators had failed and it was some sort of weird hand signals.  I finally realised he was actually waving to the bus behind, the signal means 'swinging'  Not in the sense most people would think of.  In bus driver terms swinging means following the bus in front an letting it do all the work.  I'm not sure picking up 2 passengers and driving at 3 mph counts as work though.....

No comments: