Monday, March 31, 2014

Morrisons and a good way to waste 20 minutes of your life

I was in the queue in Morrisons lunch time and had a somewhat surreal experience.  You see the bloke in front of me in the queue miss-heard the checkout woman and gave her too much money.  He thought she said £12.58 and she'd actually said £7.58. 
She looked at the money, then the amount on the till, then back to the money, and did the double take a few times, she was totally baffled, then she said "it's £7.58", the chap went to get more money out of his pocket, twigged and said "sorry I thought you said £12.58", and waited for her to give him the difference back. 
She did the double take again and tried to work out how much to give him back, she looked at the till (that didn't help as she'd rung up £20 for some reason) She tried to count it on her fingers but ran out at 10 (I was hoping she'd take her shoes off to get to 20 but she didn't think of it)  this farce continued for about 10 minutes until the bloke loosing patience (and the will to live) shouted "For Christs sake it's a bloody fiver,  "I gave you five pounds too much!"  She gave him a fiver back and he stormed off muttering "why don't they hire staff who can count" 
So then it was my turn.  I have to admit I was sorely tempted to give her too much money just to watch the joke continue, but I couldn't do it to her (I'm not a bad person really) so I gave her the right money and left.

No comments: