Sunday, May 26, 2013

Star Trek into the darkness. (film review)

After the crew of the Enterprise find an unstoppable force of terror from within their own organization, Captain Kirk leads a manhunt to a war-zone world to capture a one man weapon of mass destruction.

The second instalment of the Star Trek prequel.
From the word go the films action packed, with great visual effects.  The action centers around an old/new enemy with lots of twists and turns, some you'll see coming, some you probably won't.

The cast are much more comfortable in their roles this time out, Chris Pine looks and acts more like the old Kirk we love, he's getting the mannerisms off much better, so much so I pretty much forgot it wasn't William Shatner playing the part. Karl Urban is still superb as Bones, and it's nice to see more of Scotty played by Simon Pegg in this film.

Sadly for me my enjoyment of the film was spoiled by three things, none of which was a fault of the film itself.  The movie theatre I went to was terribly cramped, so much so I had to get up and go for a walk during the film to stretch my legs, secondly I was very very tired (I actually wanted to go another night but couldn't) and lastly for some reason the movie theatre had the volume on full all evening, my head was ringing when I came out, won't be going back there again.

Waynes rating   8/10 Well worth a watch on the big screen.

No comments: