Sunday, May 5, 2013

Oblivion (film review)

I saw the film Oblivion last night and here's my review.

Earth is a wasteland after an alien war, all that's left are a few machines and maintenance staff, Tom Cruise is one of those men, while repairing the drones that guard the power plants he finds more than he bargained for.

The film has stunning visual effects, and wasteland earth is very convincing, Tom Cruise is at his best and in my opinion this is his best film.
There is a love story running through as well ( like all Tom Cruise films, boy meets girl, boy loses girl, boy finds girl again while flying a jet/driving a racing car/ flying spaceship etc etc etc)   and I found the film a little slow in places.
There were also a few plot holes,but not enough to worry me too much.

Waynes rating    7/10   worth a watch.

No comments: