Sunday, May 19, 2013

Bonnie Tyler Eurovision bid 2013

Now I have to confess I didn't see Bonnie (a local girl) on last nights Eurovison contest, I stopped watching years back after the voting got all silly and political, you, know certain countries always voting for certain other countries.  Well it got so bad dear old Terry Wogan used to take the mickey out of it by saying things like 'Ahh Finland... I wonder if they'll be voting for Denmark again' and  so on.    I suspect thats why the got rid of him, pity really, he was miles more entertaining than the competition itself.

Anyway, back to Bonnie.  I was a bit puzzled by the choice of her, and indeed almost every year I'm puzzled why we don't use popular up and coming artists, but Bonnie a 61 old gave it her best shot.  Ok she came in 19 out of 26, but personally I thought the song was better than that, mind you with the voting the joke it I suppose I shouldn't be too surprised, it's so biased the song/singer hardly matters any more.

Well done anyway Bonnie!

No comments: