Saturday, October 7, 2023

Whats your angle?

 

 Whats your angle?  No I'm not talking  Pythagorean theorem, I'm talking photography.

 If you go to places like the grand canyon or Sailsbury cathedral you'll find a crowd of people in one place, often queing to take the same photograph.  Many years back Kodak actually supplied a Kodak photopoint sign (free advertising) which tourist hotspots bunged at a good viewing spot.  Indeed some places actually had a path to a small circle viewing spot (with the Kodak sign of course).

 So what I'm getting at is while it's fine to take the same picture as 23 million other people, walk around your subject, look at it from higher or lower. Often theres a better shot.... and you'll be the ONE with it.  Look up and look down, who knows what you will see.

 Here I've taken a few local shots to kind of show you what I mean, you dont have to take pictures at eye level.  All shot on the TZ80 compact.





No comments: