Tuesday, October 31, 2023

Live at the Apollo

 

 My God has anyone watched this recently?  I saw it last night, bloody hell it's shit!

 First off live at the Apollo isn't bloody live, it's recorded. Secondly it's supposed to be a comedy show... what I saw yesterday wasn't comedy.  It was about as funny as stepping on barbed wire with bare feet, then setting fire to your foot to take away the pain.

First rule of comedy, get the audience to laugh.  If you need canned laughter added then it's not funny is it.  It's not rocket science, audience laughing= funny.  Audience not laughing = shit. 

The so caled comic walked about the stage like he'd done too much speed, and told jokes like.  My wife said to me "the dinners ready" (wait for massive canned laughter and applause) carry on "my sons name is colin" (wait for massive canned laughter and applause) ect etc.

 I've had a funnier dislocated knee FFS!  

 Fair do back in the earlier days they had really funny comics on, Jack Dee for example, but now it's just terrible.  Sad really.  Dont watch it if you need a laugh, watch a horror film, it'll be better made, a lot funnier and you wont end up wanting to throw the cat through the TV to make it stop.

 Live at the apollo... Dead on arrival more like.

No comments: