Friday, June 2, 2023

Tattoo and flash remote triggers

 I'll start with the tattoo.  Now it's my first tattoo, and not knowing exactly what to expect I went with a mum and dad.  Now it did take longer than I expected, but most of that time we were talking and the artist was setting up the gear.  The actuall tattoo probably took around the 25 minutes with lot's of short stops while the artist wiped off the surplus ink, and explained and chatted to me.

 Did I enjoy the experience?  Well yes I certainly enjoyed getting the tattoo, and I certainly intend to get another in the same shop.  Probably, as I mentioned the other day a skull and crossbones sort of thing, still not made up my mind yet on the exact details of it yet,

 Does it bleed?  Well no from what I could see.  That did supprise me, I expected some blood but I honestly didn't see any, I'd guess that it depends on the level of detail and the place it's done.

 Does a tattoo hurt?  Well theres no getting away from the fact your arm is getting punctured, so while it didn't hurt as such, there is some mild discomfort while it's being done, if I'm honest it feels more like someone scratching your arm with their nail, not really painful, but you can feel something is going on.  At no point did I want to stop.  Now to be fair some parts of the body hurt a lot more than others, so it will depend on where your tattoo is how much you'll feel it.

 Mine small as it is wasnt an issue getting done, nor was it sore after, I can rub it and slept on it last night without feeling any discomfort.

I'm going to get it a week for this to heal up and then I'll book my pirate flag type thingy, if I can decide exactly what I'm going with.


Flash triggers!

Now I've had a set of off camera flash triggers for ages, even used them a few times, but recently I picked up a Yongnuo tx560 2 trigger and flash gun for a silly price.  Now I couldn't get them to talk to each other.  The idea is a small radio transmitter goes on the camera and the flash has a built in receiver.  You put the flash or say a table, walk across the room and shoot away with the light coming from a better angle.

 The basic ones I had worked a treat, but all they did was fire the flash, modern one allow you to chage the power of the light and some even TTL from the camera itself.  My new one isn't TTL but you can ajust the flash from the camera, well you can in theory if you can get the, talking to each other. Fast forward a week or so and I sit down properly and play with them.

 That when I had that moment where suddedly it all comes together.  YEAH!   I figured it out, finally after resetting the flash to defaults and then setting up the groups and channels from scratch, it works!  Great I was beginning to wonder if it was cheap because it was duff, mind I'd put the wrong batteries in the transmitter which didnt help a lot.

 So I'm playing with it and .... Ohhh, I wonder if this transmitter (old model) will work with a brand new latest model flash the YN650 exrf... So I get that out of my bag and start playing.  Now I had tried this before, but I hadnt figured the trigger out then, a few tweaks of the flashguns setting (which of course are totally different from the same makers earlier model and I'f got that working too. Job done, Waynes a happy bunny!

 I will say though flash gun companies could make this a LOT easier for the set up process, it's not intuitive at all, and lets be honest how many users need 16 channels and 6 groups?  I'd guess and say NONE.  Now 3 groups I can see, a main, fill and hair or backlight, and yes you'd want to change them individually, but 16!  Who is going to use 16 camera flashes off camera?  Come on guy, make life easier for us off camera flash users.

My Tattoo picture.




No comments: