Sunday, June 4, 2023

DSLR... or mobile phone???

 

 This is probably a question that gets asked a lot, but what is the real answer??

 Back in the day I remember my first Samsung with a camera, I think I'd had a Nokia 8210? before, nice small phone, then I upgraded to a Samsung something or other.   Wow having a camera in your phone was great.  Ok the quality was poor by todays standards but plenty good enough, and always having it with you was a bonus.

 Fast forward to todays high end mobile phone and boy are the cameras good!  I have a Samsung A52s 5g, the camera is superb, well impressed, and I've been a pro photographer.  Same with the latest Iphone (although I cant get along with them personally)  So I thought I'd do a comparrison.

 Below is a shot of Margam castle, one shot is my phone camera (not even on best quality Dohhh!) and the other shot is a high end 26mp full frame DSLR with a good lens.

 Question is can you tell which is which?  To make the test fair I tweaked the colours to match better, and I cropped the phone picture to 3x2 as I'd left it on 3x4 format as well as not using the full 64mp camera Dohh!

 If you click on the image then right click view image you can see a big image.

 Can you see a difference, I can but it's not as obvious as you might expect!



No comments: