Sunday, June 4, 2023

My driving licence, lens and cameras?

 

 I'll start with my driving licence, I renewed it last year, but as I'm 70 in a few months I have to renew it again, I've sorted the paperwork out, now to post it off. and wait and see what the DVLA does, last time it was quick, sadly I cant say the same for a change of ownership document, that took months.

 

 Lens and cameras.  I'll explain!  Last night I was sorting out my camera gear and I had two camera bodies nearly identical, same cameras, same grips, different lens but covering the same range and near enough the same size.  One camera was a LOT heavier, not a bit, a lot.

 Now I'd noticed a few days before a different model but similar size camera, with a fairly similar range lens (but cheaper) was a lot lighter than one of the cameras I was checking last night.  I put it down to that being a semi pro body and budget lens, rather than a pro body and lens.  Now I wasnt so sure.

 So I pulled the lens off the two cameras and checked the bodies, very slight difference, probably due to a different version of the battery grip, not really noticable if I'm honest.  Then I checked the lens!  Bloody hell!  What a difference, one weighs nearly twice the other, and the lighter one is a Canon L series pro lens.  The heavy one is a Sigma Art lens (Sigmas top of the range) Wow.

 Now I had noticed a previous different Sigma Art lens was bloody heavy, but it's a fast 1.8 17-35mm zoom so it's got lots of heavy glass.

 Sadly none of this is good news for my aging back.  More weight.  Bugger!

No comments: