Saturday, May 27, 2023

Looking my age!

 

 A few days ago I mentioned feeling my age.  Indeed I was knackered (still am)  You see my problem is I dont like giving up, I still think I'm 30, sadly my body knows different.

 The day before yesterday, I was out searching a mountain for a missing person, now I easily covered a good few miles over fairly rough ground.  At one point two young women, warned me to be careful as the paths are dodgy.

 Blimey!  How old do I look?  Yes I do look a knackered old fart, but I still got around there, and did another 5 miler in the evening.  Did that two days running in fact.  Old I am,  But I'm not dead yet!

 So if your out and you see an old fart, dont patronise him or her, you might hurt their feeling.  And besides, they might ask what your doing in the woods, with no compass, no food, no water, no map, no shelter etc etc unlike them.

 The reason they lived to be old is by learning whats safe and whats not.  It's a woods ladies, not Paris fashion week!

No comments: