Tuesday, May 23, 2023

Feeling my age.

 

 Truth be told I'm feeling my age now.  This week I've had two events and they've hammered me, one beat me if I'm honest, and I dont like giving up.  

Weddings are hard work from a photographers point of view, long days, heavy bag of camera gear to carry around, it's a young mans game if I'm honest, thats without the hassle of bridezillas, pissed grooms, late running, broken down wedding cars and the occasional akward vicar. Stressfull!

 To be fair this weeks wedding only had the late running, the groom was sober, the bride nice, the pastor very helpful, and the wedding car un-broken and on time, and again to be fair the late running was down to the caterers not the couple, not a big deal then.  Well yes in a way it was, it knackered me for getting group shots, parking was a bitch.  So stressfull as well, and as I say it's a young mans game.

I'm only just the right side of 70, in my mind I'm 30-something, and thats the trouble.  My mind say crack-on get it sorted.  My body on the other hand has other ideas, it wants to sit down down and chill out.  

Yesterday I had to strim a lawn, now yes the grass was bloody long, but I had a petrol strimmer (heavy bastard) I managed about a third and I was fucked, my back in agony (I have a long standing back problem/injury)  I struggled to sit down the rest of the evening.  My body is telling me it's time to slow down, pack in the heavy stuff.

 It really hit me yesterday that my age has caught up with me, I need to face facts I cant do what I used to do any more.  Time to put the superman costume away I think.  Pipe and slippers time for Wayne

No comments: