Friday, October 7, 2022

My new phone a minor issue

 

Some of you will know I have a new phone, a Samgsung A52s 5g, and to say I'm impressed is putting it mildly.  Battery lasts for ages, and I use the phone a LOT, the camera is amazing, and I haven't got around to using all its features yet.

 I have stumbles across one minor issue with the camera though, not a fault and easily sorted.  I'll explain.

 A week or so back I took a picture of a stone gatepost with ivy on it, nothing amazing, but I likes the texture. A few days ago I went to edit it for this blog, thats when the problems started.

I cant be arsed to take the memory card out of the phone, it's a bit fiddly and I dont want to break it, (I'm a bit on the heavy handed side) so to get my pics off I just email them to myself, easy-peasy!  Well it was.  The gatepost pic didn't send, I'd sent a few other pics, the dog pic I posted earlier and a few others that haven't made the blog, but the gatepost just didn't go.

 Now I have had this before, if my signals crap the phone waits till the signals back up and sends then, but this sod didn't go, so I sent it again... that didn't come through either, so I tried a few more times, still nothing, other pics no problems but the gatepost, not happening.

 Ok I think, theres obviously something wrong with the pic, maybe corrupted or something, but the phone still see's it fine.  As I've had sod all time I've only had a quick go at sending it, this morning I took a proper look, thried again still nothing, then I pull up the details on the pic, Ahhhh!  It's too bloody big to email.

 Seriously, the picture file size is bigger than 25mb, for a jpeg, it's the fine detail that bumps up the size of images, a big bland sky and a smaller file, this ones got tons of fine detail.  Good job I didn't use the raw file option, I'd guess thats going to be 75mb or bigger.

 Sorting it was easy, edit in camera and theres a resize option, I just came down one file size 6000x4000 pix maybe? and that sent, mind thats 14mb then.  Still I have it now to edit in photoshop and post, tomorrow if I get time.

No comments: