Saturday, October 15, 2022

Hell of a few weeks

 I know I haven't posted much in the way of pictures for the last two weeks, truth is I hardly have time to sleep.  My mother was "rushed" into hospital twelve days ago after a fall, I say rushed because theres no ambulances so it's a taxi.  Then after a nasty bump on the head and her being on blood thinners with a serious risk of a bleed on the brain we waited and waited and waited to see a doctor, then it was several more hours before a scan (that should have been done first thing) was finally carried out, nineteen hours average wait in casualty.  Fucking joke!  Better thke the emergency part off accident and emergency then!

 So the last two weeks its going over her house (another town) and hospital visiting (also another town) a visit means the best part of three hours.  While this is going on we're trying to sort out a care home.  My brothers found a nice place (also yet another town) so now it's trying to sort some stuff out of her house.... except!!!!

 Well this week she's gone very odd, first thought is a bleed on the brain, but as hospitals havent a clue even asking for another scan is greeted by "Oh I dont know anything about it" this from a so called nurse who knows fuck all about the patients in her CARE.  Finally after over a week and several complaints it's discovered shes got a serious infection, something she didnt have when she went in.  Well done NHS.

 So now with her on a drip of high dose antibiotic she cant leave the hospital, this means paying over seven hundred quid a week for a home shes not in, mind it is nice, if she doesn't move in I might, food smelled fantastic when I was there taking some stuff over.

 Trouble is I'm now running about like a headless chicken, from town to town to town, and we cant do much in the house incase theres a dram and she has to go home.  What a bloody shambles!!

No comments: