Tuesday, September 13, 2022

Bottom tv series

 Tonight while channel hopping trying to find something that A didn't have a tv presenter in a black tie waffling about anything to pad out a program with no content.  Or B,  high definition video from a helicopter of a slow moving hearse causing traffic chaos somewhere I stumbled across the tv series Bottom with Rik Mayall and Ade Edmondson.

 So with nothing else other than counting the pattern on my wallpaper to do I watched it.  Sick jokes, bad language, and gratuitous violence!  Thank God!  It's still as side splitting funny as it was years ago, theres something about the cartoon violence of watching someone getting their head slammed in a fridge door that makes me smile.

 On the 17 of Sept 1991 bottom first arrived on our screens, with just 3 series and 18 episodes it's left a lasting impression of those with a certain sense of humour... like me!  The duo also made 5 live stage shows, I saw the last one in Cardiff around 2003.  Great night out and fantastic show, theres a lot of ad-libbing in the stage shows, that makes each show different.

 All I can say is thanks Rik and Ade, thanks for the series, thanks for the stage shows (all of witch I have recorded.  And thanks for the laughs.  Tonight maybe you saved my sanity, whats left of it....

No comments: