Friday, August 21, 2020

Camera bag and gear issues... where am I going to put stuff?


 For the last few weeks since lockdown ended I've been traveling light, one camera body and something like two lens (and a flash).
 Thats all well and good for a wander, or bagging a few million flower shots... yes I know your all getting bored with them.  But for a wedding or a job it's not good enough.
 You see for a wedding/job you need backup gear, spare body and lens etc. Not too big a problem I hear you say... Ahhhh!
 Now it's fair to say I do have back-up kit, the problem is carrying it.  I've just been trying to sort the bag and I'm buggered if I can get it all in.
 You see this year I've bought some new bits and bobs, well quite a few bits really. So now it's choices like do I take the 85mm or the 105mm? I "want" to take both but A I simply don't have room, and B the weight will soon get silly... and I'll have to take the piano out to make room in the first place.
 Being serious for a minute I just tried getting both cameras in the bag and I'm struggling, I've got a new lens where one used to sit, and everywhere else is crammed, and thats before I even dig out the second flash. Plus the new lens is too big to fit the other lens pockets (too fat).
 I'm going to have to sit down and try and figure out the best combination to fit the most in... then just hope I can carry the bastard thing.......   Time will tell...   I wonder if I can carry two bags???

No comments: