Thursday, March 26, 2020

Doctor Who...


 Doctor Who started with the episode " an unearthly child" on the 23rd Nov 1963 with William Hartnells Doctor and that run of  Doctor Who ended with the episode " survival"  on the 6th Dec 1989 with Sylvester McCoy playing the Doctor.
 Jump forward in time to the 26th March 2005 (15 years ago today) and the Doctor returns to TV with the episode "Rose" with Christoper Eccleston as the Doctor. The series continues untill the 1st of March 2020 with the episode "timeless children with Jodie Whittaker.
 Sadly the bad news is since August 2014 when Peter Capaldi took over it's gone downhill faster than an anvill dropped from a plane.
 It's also interesting to note that under Capaldi the series dropped from thirteen episodes in a series to twelve. Under Whittaker it dropped to ten, viewers have also dropped off.
 Personally I was a HUGE fan of Doctor Who, ok there was one or two I wasn't that fussed on right up to Capaldi, he was just hopeless in my opinion, not helped by scripts written for a younger man.... Then we get to Whittaker... OMG!  Where do I start...
 Well saying I hate her as the Doctor is putting it mildly.  Indeed I honestly cant stand watching her episodes, not helped by her "voice" making my ears bleed, the scripts making me want to smash my telly and her "acting"  Well as someone who has also been on stage and TV I feel comfortable in saying her acting leaves a lot to be desired (preferably someone else doing it!) unlike Capaldi who had two expressions Whittaker seems to have only one.
 As far as I'm concerned Doctor who arrived on the 23rd November 1963, and Died on the 1st of March 2020.
 All we need now is a funeral and a tombstone for the series... that and a murder investigation with Chris Chibnal as prime suspect...  Goodbye Doctor Who....   Thank fuck I have the old series to watch!

No comments: