Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Steelworks and beach




On a recent walk I took these shots, been given the HDR treatment (more on that later) I needed the exercise to be honest, and this is a reasonable walk, especially if you go a good way along the beach as well.
HDR. If you read this blog often you'll know I'm partial to HDR (high dynamic range) images, my weapon of choice for the conversion is Dynamic photo hdr, this is partly because it's really easy to use and mostly because it does a fair job of tone mapping an image from a single JPEG (all these for example)
Photomatix is better, but won't do the conversion from a single jpeg, although it will from a single RAW image (or better still 3 or more) Photoshop strangely while easily the most expensive, is hardest and easily the worst at the conversion, yes you can get a good result but it takes a lot of time and effort.
I mentioned in an earlier post I have been experimenting on my own version of HDR, I'm just about there now, although it's more contrast masking than tone mapping, in effect a similar-ish result. Over the next day or so I'll post a result with a Photoshop action for download, so you can try it for yourself. Wayne

No comments: