Wednesday, April 12, 2023

Well Funerals over.

 

 My Mothers funeral is over.  The weather in true funeral style was terrible, wind and rain.  Drspite that the funeral went off without a hitch... well without a major hitch.  

 One thing  I'd overlooked was what to do with the flowers after the service, first plan was to have the undertakers take them back, then we reailsed that just made things harder as someone (me) would have to go over and get them, then what do I do with them?  So we left them there.   £495 of flowers  left rotting after an hour of use.

 A Huge thank you to all those that gave up their time to come and pay their respects, your support meant a lot to us, and to Mum.  Thank you all.  Even those who went to margam crem by mistake, it's the thought that counts.

 A bit thank you to Gwyn Jones Funeral Directors from Llansamlet, and Lousie especially, for all the help and advice (and reminding us of all the things we missed) and for putting up with me ringing with daft questions at all hours.  Well impressed.  I want you for my funeral.  Hows that for a recomdation!

 I'll give the Flower Box in port talbot a mention for the flowers, they looked lovely, and this is the second time I've used them now, so your my regular florest, ok they are not cheap (none are) but their prices are fair compared to other florests and they do a good job, so why change.  It's just a shame the flowers are wasted after just a short funeral, but sadly thats the way it is.

 One again, thank you all for the support, this last month has been really tough. Special mention to Sam, Robert, Cameron and Thomas for the hospital bedside vigils and Rob especially for all the running around and distance you've covered.  Sarah for the free legal advice, Neil for the record keeping software.  Shirley and Sam for putting up with me in my fried brain state most of all.

 Thanks for being there all of you.  It made a big difference.

No comments: