Sunday, June 26, 2022

I'm getting old, and feeling it!

 

 Bugger!  I'm getting old... and feeling it.  As the MASH theme song says "the sword of time will piece your skin, it doesn't hurt when it begins, but as it works it's way on in.. the pain grows stronger watch it grin"  Yes theres no getting away from it as you get older life gets harder.

 The last two days I've been out shooting with the camera.  The first day was light kit, just a light camera and two lens, yesterday was full kit, and the truth is I'm knackered today!  The big bag is heavy, in the way saturn is heavy.... Very heavy.

 Today I'm walking around like Quasimodo... the hunch back of Notre-Dame.  and it's not in the least funny.  Well not to me anyway!  I'm reaching a point where soon I'll have to cut back on kit, and thats a problem for me.

 You see I like to be prepared... well for everything if I'm honest.  For years I've even carried a  tourniquet in my pocket.  Ok it might be a bit over the top but if I tread on a mine??   I wont look so silly then will I.....  Of course some would say the chances of me treading on a mine in Wales are on the low side of bugger all.  Some would just say I'm barking mad (well everybody who knows me really)  but then it's only a few years ago I stopped a dear close friend from treading on a mine.. and that was in Wales.

 Ok maybe the mine might not have actually been a live mine, but as we didn't unscrew the fuse pocket to check we'll never know will we!.

 It's much the same with the camera gear, maybe I'll need the 105mm macro, or perhaps the 10-20mm zoom, or maybe my remaining video light, the one the poltergiest didn't take!... Bastard thing!  and thats the trouble, one day I will need those or whatever.  That means I have to grin and bare it...   Rather like the pain in MASH's theme song.

No comments: