Wednesday, November 27, 2019

Camera bags... reaching the limit


 Well I've mentioned my camera bag before in the blog (think I have) my problem now is I'm running out of space.  Well to be honest I ran out of space a while back.
 A couple of years back I got my "new" bag a Lowepro flipside 500 ( going up from the 400)
 That helped for a while, then as I bought more gear the spare space got filled up.  Now I'm struggling to squeeze in a polo mint. Ok it's getting silly.
 The thing is I've got a ringlight for macro in the post (a freebee I'll review when it arrives) thats not a small item, then theres another new lens for Christmas (and lens hood), plus some more  filters (if my brother buys them) I've got my eye on a flash lead thats 10 foot long, ok thats not massive put it still needs a corner to go in.  But where the hell to I puts them... No I'm not shoving them there it'll hurt...
 But being serious, I'm out of space, my off camera flash triggers are in the front pocket as theres no room in the main part of the bag. Theres just isn't space for a ringflash and another lens. Then theres the weight factor, my bloody bag now weighs more than a collapsed dwarf star, and thats without the new kit, my normall ND filters and half a dozen packs of batteries and yet another lens I have my eye on (sigma 105mm macro).
 I did try adding two 10 liter side pockets off my old army bergan, yeah that worked, I could get a load of extra kit in, trouble was I couldn't pick the bastard thing up. Sadly my days of carrying a 100+ pound over the mountains are gone.  I'm an old fart now and carrying a 60+ pound camera bag is just getting silly.
 I'm out of ideas, really I need a trusty assistant to do the heavy lifting.  That or I'm going to have to take a serious look at what kit I NEED. But bugger... I need it all.....

No comments: