Friday, August 16, 2013

Getting old

Well there's no getting away from the fact I'm getting older.  Today I hit 60, and I don't feel a day older than 59.
The fact is I never expected to live past 45, I don't know why that number but thats the age I always thought I'd never make it past.  The trouble is in my mind I'm still about 30 something, but sadly my body thinks otherwise, taking the beach pics I posted earlier was truth be told, hard work.  Scrabling over even the low rocks and uneven surfaces was a struggle for me.
It seems only a few months back I was doing the three peaks challenge, but when I check it was many many years ago, now I couldn't run for a bus.
As I get older and my health gets worse (it's not great now sadly) things like these simple pleasures of a short walk taking pics will become impossible for me.  I suppose the only good thing is I have lots of pictures and memories to look back on.

No comments: