Saturday, August 31, 2013

Decided to retire from weddings.

I've decided it's time for me to retire from weddings.  The fact is I'm getting older, and my health is failing, and truth be told the last wedding I did (for a friend) I simply didn't enjoy.  It's the first one I've ever done I didn't enjoy, all the others I've had a ball, but the last one, no buzz and I'm sitting there in the reception and I reaslised I really didn't want to be there.  Time to quit I thought.
Will I miss them.... No I probably wont, I wont miss loading the car up, I wont miss watching the weather and hoping for a bright overcast day with no rain, and we get a lot of rain here in Wales. 
I won't miss the brides either, frankly I'm sick and tired of fat....  no obese bright orange women in dresses 14 sizes too small, I won't miss pissed grooms either.  The last wedding I did the groom was hammered 2 hours before the wedding, they actually had to wake him up for the men getting ready photos (at 3 in the afternoon).  He was practily comatose by the service. 
I won't miss the clusters of smokers blocking the bloody doors, even on lovely warm sunny days, stand outside properly you morons!
But the thing I'll miss least is kilts, yes kilts, why so many gooms think it's clever to wear them I don't know, most have no idea of the history, and the idiots only want to so they can flash their arses at the guests all the time, very bloody mature.

No comments: