Friday, February 8, 2013

Queuing

People used to take the mickey out of Russians queuing for bread, but are we any better in the UK?

I've just come back from my doctors surgery, even with an appointment I was still seen promptly 50 minutes late   On Tuesday a 10 minute visit with a hospital doctor and a 2 minute blood test took four and a half bloody hours, it's disgraceful, and that's with appointments, although the word appointment actually means having a set time for something, totally meaningless as far as most things are concerned.

I wouldn't mind so much but I watched the blood test people at work for the best part of an hour, during that time on average only one of the three people doing tests actually worked while the other two talked, they are being paid to take blood not chat, worse we are paying for it.  No wonder they can't afford to keep hospitals open, half the staff are doing bugger all as far as I can see, it's only the nurses on the wards who are really understaffed.

But it's not only the health service, I queued at the bakery to buy a cake, then I queued again to get petrol, then I queue at the supermarket.  I queue again at the post office.... and we take the mickey out of the Russians, I bet they are taking the mickey out of us these days!

No comments: