Monday, November 23, 2009

2012 film review.

The film 2012 is very loosely based on the end of the Mayan calendar, it's claimed by some to mean the end of the world, others claim the calendar just resets and starts again, either way Hollywood have their own "spin" on it.
The acting is pretty good, as are the special effects (where the moneys gone I suspect) but the film leaves me cold. I never really engaged with any of the characters, to be honest by the end of the 2 hour 20 minute film I didn't really care if any lived or died.
The film is over long in my opinion, you could easily trim 40 minutes off it no problem, theres far too much talking and faffing about at the start, it's over 45 minutes in before we get any of the big dramatic effects, then it slowly builds to the big ending.
As usual with all these Hollywood action/adventure films theres a happy ending. Normally I wouldn't spoil it for you, but I doubt you'd be supprised by the ending, I certainly wasn't, you could see it coming right from the start.

No comments: