Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Motorway signs.

Over the last few days I have done a fair bit of motorway driving, and I couldn't help noticing the huge lit up signs there on the M4 near where I live. Recently I passed one in the pouring, tropical monsoon type rain, it said "surface water! What... a wet road... in the pouring rain, and I never noticed? What a waste of space, if drivers can't tell the roads might have water on them in the pouring rain then quite frankly they shouldn't be driving.
Another regular on my local sign is "don't drink and drive" Trouble is I'm halfway down the motorway when I see it, bit late really if I have been drinking, obviously I have to be driving to see the sign, maybe if they put them in pub car parks that would make more sense, and cut road accidents.
Incidentally I don't drink and drive, and I really don't agree with the idiots that do and think it's clever, it's dangerous, ordinary driving is bad enough, doing it when your rat arsed is lethal.

No comments: