Friday, March 27, 2009

Dreading the weekend!




Yep, I'm dreading the weekend, mainly because it's that stupid time of year again where all of us (in the UK) have to alter our clocks forward to whats laughingly called British summer time!
What a ridiculous load of round spherical objects, and what a pain in the arse to do.
This silly idea was first started as a joke by Benjamin Franklin in 1784. Taken up by our government in 1916. Then most houses had a single clock that you moved the hands to set, and they had to be adjusted every day because they were fairly inaccurate anyway. Now it's a different story, more and more appliances have built in clocks, heating timers, even the lighting in many houses. Now it's a big time consuming job, and for what purpose I ask? Various reasons are given, from saving energy (popular now) to saving lives, neither are very convincing if you actually study the data.
Last night on my way to my mothers house we spotted a big fire in the Baglan industrial estate, I took a few pics on my moble phone, here they are. Wayne

No comments: