Saturday, February 21, 2009

Standards of motoring

It was reported recently that Barbra Wilding chief constable of South Wales police intends to withdraw policing from major events in Cardiff and Swansea, and also to withdraw cover for the M4 motorway in effort to cut costs.
I have news for her, cover for Baglan (nr Port Talbot) was withdrawn ages ago, at least it certainly seems that way. You see I have only ever seen police actually patrolling the estate three times in about 17 years, yes we have seen the occasional visit from the community support officers (wannabee cops) but they are about as much a deterrent for criminals as a bag of flour so of little use really.
The reason I bring this up is because I have noticed the standard of motoring/driving is getting worse around here (and it was never good to start with) Parking on pavements is common, seat belts and indicators are optional, and roundabouts.... well do they know what they are for? doesn't seem like it, around here it's fair game to drive around them the wrong way, same as the one way streets! Twice now I have met the same moron driving the wrong way down my street, next times I think I'll just hit him..... after all no danger of plod turning up is there!
Wayne

No comments: